Random Tech


Sunday, December 11, 2005

Apple Logo Spotted in Iraq

The Unofficial Google Earth beta just came out for Mac OS X a few days ago -- and I love it. I can travel all over the world in my pajamas sitting at my desk. Well I was just touring the globe, and of course I had to see what Iraq was like. I was astonished -- it is a gorgeous country. Just judging by satellite images, Baghdad is much more beautiful than Los Angeles. I could not believe that stunning blue-green river! I don't know when those were taken (before or after the war -- images from Google's satellites can be up to three years old), but if Iraq still looks like that, and when if it will be safe, I truly would want to visit.



Back to the story though -- I was clicking around when I found an amazing resemblance of the Apple logo right in the middle of a street in Baghdad!



If you don't believe me, here are the coordinates: 18'07.87" N 23'55.86" E. Does anyone know what this really is?

3 Comments:

  • It's a statue of Iraq's former leader, but it was torn down recently.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2005 1:54 AM  

  • it doesn't even look like an apple logo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2005 11:55 AM  

  • 1. Iraq isn't a city.
    2. That doesn't look anything like the apple logo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2005 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home